It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Go to page 1, 2  Next   Page 1 of 2   [ 22 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Covid related
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:48 pm • # 1 

Does it piss you off when you see people ignoring stay at home orders in states where they have been issued ? It does me and especially when I see posts about leaving that state to go to a bordering state to go fishing . I'd like to ***** slap those mother4uc66ers !

Post subject: Re: Covid related
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:26 pm • # 2 

Well seeing as the virus is passed through close contact why must I stay at home if I am driving and fishing alone? I have been out once and as soon as the weather cooperates I will go out again.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:09 pm • # 3 

I dont know , does your state have a stay at home order ? If it does and you violate it then you too are on my list . If not , fish away . To me , it's all about following the rules .

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:49 am • # 4 

In Texas the governor has stated that fishing is considered essential, so I can fish. Now if I could only get him to rule that ONLY fly fishing is essential and get the rest of those clowns off the lakes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:10 pm • # 5 

If you guys can fish good on you . I couldn't fish even if the Gov would let me . Well I could if I just wanted to waste my time fishing in the pool . :lol Those little blue lines in AZ dont mean squat because they name every wash around here a river . Makes them feel better I guess .

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:58 pm • # 6 

Cliff Hilbert wrote:
In Texas the governor has stated that fishing is considered essential, so I can fish.

Indiana, too, all DNR access points and most county/city parks are open and use is encouraged. Some restriction on campgrounds and Army Corp dams, but that's about it. I think most states are in line with this, outdoor recreation is allowed as long as social distancing is maintained.

I've been out (more than :) ) a few times, quite a few cheerful folks out doing the same...fishing, dog walking, hiking, photography. High and cold creeks here, but I got through a 3 county reconnaissance tour of access points for future reference.

Best I can tell, no different for Jangles in Arizona, he can indeed go fishing if he chooses. Gov Ducey's order permits it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:07 pm • # 7 

Jangles, unless they changed something recently in Ducey's Executive Order, you're fine to go fishing. From the document itself...

Outdoor recreation activities: any outdoor recreation area, park, site or trail that provides opportunities for outdoor recreation with social distancing such as walking, hiking and biking. This includes golf courses if restrictions on food and beverage service under Executive Order 2020-09 are followed.

The terms "stay at home" is for the f'd-up portion of the population that doesn't fish. They don't really know what to do, so it's best they just park it on the couch and behave themselves. We are not of such ilk...so tight lines & loops to ya!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:24 am • # 8 

It must not be too terrible here, I was out over the weekend and nothing was said. Can't say it was productive, but still enjoyable

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:17 pm • # 9 

jangles wrote:
Does it piss you off when you see people ignoring stay at home orders in states where they have been issued ? It does me and especially when I see posts about leaving that state to go to a bordering state to go fishing . I'd like to ***** slap those mother4uc66ers !

When you get up the nerve you are more than welcome to come ***** slap me. I don't care about a stay at home order since I am an essential worker that has to work regardless of how I feel about the virus. If I have to work and make my deliveries than I am able to go fishing when and where I want. Besides the last time I checked, we Live in the USA and we are free to do what we want within the limits of legal law.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:36 pm • # 10 

What exactly are the 'limits of legal law' in your jurisdiction, re. this current crisis? Its hard to keep track with so many different jurisdictions.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:39 pm • # 11 

scorpion1971 wrote:
jangles wrote:

When you get up the nerve you are more than welcome to come ***** slap me. I don't care about a stay at home order since I am an essential worker that has to work regardless of how I feel about the virus. If I have to work and make my deliveries than I am able to go fishing when and where I want. Besides the last time I checked, we Live in the USA and we are free to do what we want within the limits of legal law.

Okay send me your address little man and the next time I'm in Indie I'll look you up . :lol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:24 am • # 12 

I got curious, and looked up the the magnitude of the crisis you United Statesians are currently facing, and I am definitely concerned. Notwithstanding any interstate slapfests :lol , I hope you guys are taking as good care of yourselves as your circumstances will allow. According to what I read, you've now passed the 1 million infection (known) point, and in the last 83 days have lost more lives (86,000+) than you did during the 10 years of the Vietnam conflict. As a frequent visitor to your republic, and having befriended many United Statesians in real life, I wish you safety and health, and an abundance of caution.
brent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:58 am • # 13 

Actually Brent, we've lost 58,000 lives due to the virus. No doubt that number will increase to probably over 100,000 as the months go on without a vaccine. I'm feeling pretty good except for a slight cough and fever since I returned from vacationing in Wuhan a few weeks ago, but nothing serious.

Last edited by Cliff Hilbert on Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:28 am • # 14 

jangles wrote:
scorpion1971 wrote:
jangles wrote:

Okay send me your address little man and the next time I'm in Indie I'll look you up . :lol

Michael A Prybis
2985 Hearthside Drive
Greenwood, In 46143

Just let me know when you plan on stopping by so I can make sure to be here. I don't want you saying I was not here.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:32 am • # 15 

wheezeburnt wrote:
What exactly are the 'limits of legal law' in your jurisdiction, re. this current crisis? Its hard to keep track with so many different jurisdictions.

They can advise us to stay home but they can not mandate us to stay home. In every State that has been sued over this that State's Supreme Court has ruled against the State. Even the US Supreme Court has ruled against the States in the cases they have ruled upon.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:39 am • # 16 

Cliff: yes, sorry. My dyslexia got the better of me. I heard 58,000, not 85,000. glad you got back. Did you happen to get those bat cutlets you promised me before the trip?
Scorpion: Ah, good to know! In our province, there have been fines issued for violations, but I cannot say any have been tested in court. On the other hand, we have only 4 remaining active cases, no new cases for 11 days now, and no deaths, so I think folks are seeing the logic behind the restrictions.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:50 am • # 17 

When you get up the nerve you are more than welcome to come ***** slap me. I don't care about a stay at home order since I am an essential worker that has to work regardless of how I feel about the virus. If I have to work and make my deliveries than I am able to go fishing when and where I want. Besides the last time I checked, we Live in the USA and we are free to do what we want within the limits of legal law.[/quote]

Okay send me your address little man and the next time I'm in Indie I'll look you up . :lol[/quote]

Michael A Prybis
2985 Hearthside Drive
Greenwood, In 46143

Just let me know when you plan on stopping by so I can make sure to be here. I don't want you saying I was not here.[/quote]

You're in my Rolodex sweetheart and trust me if I drive 1600 miles to see you you'll know I've been there . :eek

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:02 am • # 18 

Shhh Brent, no one was supposed to know.

Scorpio and Jangles, that's enough.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:21 pm • # 19 

Cliff Hilbert wrote:
Scorpio and Jangles, that's enough.

:lol :lol :applause
I just heard my dad's voice there.... I grew up with 4 brothers

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 8:29 am • # 20 

Sound like a couple of little kids, let alone the keyboard warrior effect

Go to page 1, 2  Next   Page 1 of 2   [ 22 posts ] New Topic Add Reply