It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Goodbye to a friend....
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:39 pm • # 1 

Many of you on this board never had the opportunity to meet and come to know John (John Boy) Deardorff. I first met him through the Fiberglass Flyrodders forum and had the pleasure of sharing a few campfires with him at conclaves while listening to him and Mike Cody wrangle over long discussions fueled by adult beverages. John was a craftsman of the highest order and a pleasure to be around. I learned from Les Jackson this morning that John Boy has passed away. I know there are some members on this forum who knew John and are as sorry as I am to hear the news.

Larry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:10 am • # 2 

JB was really a character. He and Gene Bethea (Pearow) had some interesting fishing and hunting trips together. I still remember the picture of JB and Gene wearing sundresses over their jeans with shotguns in their hands. At the TFR outings JB did all the cooking and, boy, was the food great! A few years ago JB had a heart attack and unfortunately it changed his personality in a not so good way, but things like that happen to even the best of us. But the good times with him are the ones I most remember. He and Gene are now catching trophy fish on every cast in the great sea above. RIP, JB.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:40 am • # 3 

I have wondered about John recently. Sorry to hear he has passed. John, Gene, and AL will always be missed

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:59 am • # 4 

Yep Lane, they were the best!

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply