It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Go to page 1, 2  Next   Page 1 of 2   [ 24 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: BREWSKI'S
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:40 am • # 1 

You know this one was coming;

What is your favorite cold brew after a day of whipping the water into a froth, and batteling beasts from the deep?

We have a beer here called; mooseheads

It's like drinking liquid candy, yuuummm!

chris

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:02 pm • # 2 

I prefer darker beers myself, so Shiner Bock, Sam Adams Boston Lager & Oktoberfest, and my local favorite from back home, Abita Turbo Dog.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:26 pm • # 3 

Don't drink beer at all. I like hard cider, just as they did 200 years ago. Don

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:36 pm • # 4 

AS a recovering alcoholic, I find it best to keep talking about beer, wine, whiskey, bourbon, etc. I was encouraged in counciling to keep talking about and NOT act like I never liked the stuff because I did like to drink. I have been on the wagon for nearly two years.

Other than a few wines on certain occasions, I really kept to Beer and Whiskey. For beer, I was mostly a Miller drinker, and I don't mean MGD's...I just wanted an ice cold Miller High Life. As I got older, I went more and more to Lite Beer, something I thought I would never do. Out of the Draft, when out to dinner, I liked Bud Lite in a cold glass.

Now and then I liked a Sam Adams but had to be in the mood, generally around holidays.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:43 pm • # 5 
Administrator

I don't drink anymore, but I've always had a taste for something more than just the standard watered down American Pilsner. I like imported beers, and anything American made that is actually a real beer or ale.

I'd have to say that I like a good quality pale ale the best though. I love hops, the more the better. Sierra Nevada was one of favorites, and it was easy for me to get locally.

J.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:47 pm • # 6 

I only have about 3 beers a year...I get a craving..get a light beer at the gas station...come home...drink half of it and fall asleep in my reclinerImage..But my girlfriend makes a killer sweet tea and after a good day's fishing I park in my recliner with a large glass of it and life is good..Image

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:49 pm • # 7 
Administrator

Chris, by the way I used to drink a bit of Moosehead back in the day. Leaves quite a nasty hangover the next day. Tastes really good though.

J.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:06 pm • # 8 
Global Moderator

Call me crazy (or poor, hahaahah!) but I like a good PBR after a day on the water... is there such a thing as a GOOD PBR?

I really like sierra nevada pale ale too. I also like Love moosedrool... and fat tire... in fat not just fat tire, but the entire new belgium brewing line.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:51 pm • # 9 
Administrator

I go back to beer from the motherland: Shiner Bock or Shiner Black (when it's not too hot out), or when my pockets are a little deeper Old Peculiar. Mmmmmm. Lately though, I've enjoyed Honey Moon (a little sweet and orangey - nice for when it's hot out. Though yesterday I found myself hankering a PBR - I have no idea why. I always go back to Shiner.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:01 pm • # 10 

Seeing as I have been enjoying the college life, I have indulged in quite a few beers recently. Honey moon is always good, although a new favorite is dogfish head 90 minute. Don if you like ciders, have you tried Strongbow? Its definitely my favorite cider. Also, I recently tried a "triple chocolate beer". not sure of the brand, but it was quite good.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:04 am • # 11 

I like my beers the same as I like my flies and rods..
Homebrewed..
Don I knew there was something really cool about you.
Now I know. Ciders are so old school.
Good Homebrew is like a fine bamboo rod, once you have tried it the majority of the stuff on the shelf taste like crap. Kind of like a good home made soup vs. soup from a can.
That being said I dont partake anymore either and I've got nearly 30 gallons of all differant flavors sitting around aging and a small fortune in equipment sitting around. Once the son got to understanding what dad was doing out in the garage all the time I rethunk my use of time.

My wife jokes that I'll start making my own clothes one day...Image
Rods socks maybe..Image

Cheers,
-R

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:37 am • # 12 

For me it's dark ale. I like a lot of different micro brews, but I will buy some stuff at the grocery store. Such as Bass, Guinness, Full sail amber, Alaska amber and some others. There was one I used to love from a micro brewery in AZ, I wish was still made it was called "Cave Creek Amber Ale".

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:50 am • # 13 
Administrator

One of the best stouts I ever had was a home brew from a guy over in PA.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:14 pm • # 14 

The Sammy Smith Nut Brown Ale is a favorite dark beer of mine. I really like the Oberon wheat beer from Michigan and will drink some of the traditional Belgian verities on occasion. The Sweetwater 420 IPA from Atlanta is a very good regional beer as well and I love it on tap. May fishing beer is usually Newcastle in the 12 oz cans, good beer and easy to stash in the river to keep cold.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:52 am • # 15 
Administrator

MMMMMMMM, Newcastle in a can and fishing. You've given me an idea!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:05 pm • # 16 

Ok, here's the shanty Irishman's reply.....my "everyday" beer is Busch....the price is right & tastes fine to me. When I treat myself, it's to Harp or Moosehead. I'm not at all into the heavy beer or fruity stuff, but I DO occasionally order different Micro Brews just to try them.
Mike

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:55 pm • # 17 

ohiotuber wrote:
Ok, here's the shanty Irishman's reply.....my "everyday" beer is Busch....the price is right & tastes fine to me. When I treat myself, it's to Harp or Moosehead. I'm not at all into the heavy beer or fruity stuff, but I DO occasionally order different Micro Brews just to try them.
Mike

mmmmmmmmmmmm. Harp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:48 am • # 18 

If my fishing partner has beer, I won't turn it down but it's not my beverage of choice. I don't drink much but the odd bottle has come along with me me on longer fishing trips. Single malt scotch!!!! Depending on the day, I like a nice peaty/iodiney Islay malt, but right now I've got a bottle of port cask matured Glenmorangie which is very nice.

I also have a very expensive bottle of 25 year Glenlivit which I promised my dad would not be opened until the next time I visit. Now he's getting on in years (in his 80's) and told me he was concerned that he might die before I make it out to the prairies. I told him that if that happens, I will empty the bottle on his grave. He thought that would be fitting.......... until I asked if he minded if I passed it though my kidneys first!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:50 am • # 19 

Ha!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:44 am • # 20 

Highlander,

That is hilarious!

I am going to have to use that one.

chris

Go to page 1, 2  Next   Page 1 of 2   [ 24 posts ] New Topic Add Reply