It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Stuck in Vegas
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:59 pm • # 1 

Well don't expect any reports from me anytime soon. I am in frickin Vegas every week for 5 days till mid Jan.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:51 am • # 2 
Administrator

job related?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:02 am • # 3 

I have been stuck like that before, getting training, being away from loved ones, my activities,etc...I realize that it is difficult...but, the time will pass and the rewards of having a good job will make it worthwhile...You are doing what it takes to support your family and your family will reap the rewards as you will in a few months...maybe you can squeeze some urban fishing in after work somewhere or tie some flies...wrap a rod if you have the skill...and of course keep us updated on how you are doing...Just a couple of suggestions to pass the time away...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:12 pm • # 4 

Think "desert trout". Don

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:51 pm • # 5 

Zenkoanhead wrote:
Think "desert trout". Don

Yea but I am a trout snob so I can't fish for those warm water species Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:01 pm • # 6 

http://www.ndow.org/fish/where/by_water/

Trout stocked close to you starting in a couple weeks. What's that old saying about beggars and choosers?Image

Jim

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:52 am • # 7 

I used to limit myself to certain species (wild stream bred trout in small rivers).......until I found out about all the fun I was missing out on due to my self-imposed limits.

Warm water species are typically more aggressive and fight harder than any trout I've ever caught.

As long as the tip of my rod is dancing...actually as long as I'm just out on the water catching or just fishing...I'm a happy guy.

Dave

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:06 pm • # 8 

armyflyfisher wrote:
I used to limit myself to certain species (wild stream bred trout in small rivers).......until I found out about all the fun I was missing out on due to my self-imposed limits.

Warm water species are typically more aggressive and fight harder than any trout I've ever caught.

As long as the tip of my rod is dancing...actually as long as I'm just out on the water catching or just fishing...I'm a happy guy.

Dave

It was a bit of a joke, since I live up here in prime trout country. I will fish for whatever, I am not really picky. Except I am still not so sure about carp Image

I did get some intel from different sources (including the intel I got here). I plan on doing some scouting next week and see what is up.

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ] New Topic Add Reply