It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Deleting your own rants?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:01 am • # 1 

I just finished another long response to a point of view offered on another thread that I promptly deleted after typing. Do you ever find yourself lecturing online in ways you'd never do in your workplace or even with your family. I've done this (compose and destroy posts) so many times that I wonder if I continue to do it just to clarify my own thoughts on various subjects. Many times, I write and re-write long passages to graduate level essay standards before killing them--I think of it as "un-blogging." I try to look at what I've written and consider whether I'd appreciate or be ticked off at someone else writing the same drivel--usually I come to the correct conclusion and hit the delete key, for which you all should be most grateful. Have a great weekend! -CC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:17 am • # 2 
Administrator

No your not the only one that does that, I do it too.

J.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:02 pm • # 3 

Constantly....I catch myself rambling all the time...I have sent some pm's to some people like I am standing there talking to them...So far, my friends have been patient, In fact, I had to shorten this response twice!! So, you are not the only one...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:44 pm • # 4 
Administrator

Self-censorship. One more thing that makes this site great!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:54 pm • # 5 

Hmmmm. Maybe I should do that. All I do is ramble on. I know it bores the heck out of you guys.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:10 pm • # 6 

Actually David...been waiting on a fishing report from you for days now....I like your reports and pictures...ramble on pal!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:17 pm • # 7 
Global Moderator

I do it a lot, mostly for the fact that most people on the internet arent worth the headache. thats on reason I like coming to this site, its a bunch of levelheaded guys who like UL fishing.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:46 pm • # 8 

robgcp wrote:
Actually David...been waiting on a fishing report from you for days now....I like your reports and pictures...ramble on pal!!
It's been sad. I haven't had a fly rod in my hands, other than while watching TV, for a few weeks. (You know your sick and twisted when you hold a fly rod in one hand and the TV remote in the other. I just like a fly rod in my hands)

Either the wind is howling, or I have things to do. Hopefully, next weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:33 pm • # 9 
Administrator

Art,
Yeah, I saw that thread, and I composed two great witty and half snarky responses for him...
( self-censorship mode)

Les

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:27 pm • # 10 

Honestly it depends on my mood. There are times I try to reply to heated threads in a calm manner. There are also times where I go off. There are also times where I start to go off then decide to delete my post. Sometimes I even ignore the thread.

I believe I know the thread you are talking about. I was going to reply just with this, but I figured that he would not get it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:01 am • # 11 

Well I guess I know which thread were talking about. I thought long and hard about my response that I did post, only to have the author edit his original post after I posted my response. Suddenly my post became a shrill and senseless rant that was totally out of context. I deleted my post, and now I know not to bother in the first place. Even got a couple of PM's from said person which were more of the same. Thanks for reading my rant. On a more pleasant note:
David I really enjoy your posts, so don't change a thing. Same goes for all of you on this board. And Sasha, cool picture bro.

Roy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:00 pm • # 12 

lonefisherman wrote:
And Sasha, cool picture bro.

Roy

Thanks Image It really does convey my thoughts when I read the post.

What gets me (besides all the other crap) was the "What bugs me is that people resist learning, so I at least want to understand and explain why." line. If that is not a case of pot meet kettle I don't know what is.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:21 pm • # 13 

Fortunately, my typing skills allow for much reflection while typing. It's the alcohol that makes me think I'm witty!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:14 pm • # 14 
Administrator

jb789 wrote:
Fortunately, my typing skills allow for much reflection while typing. It's the alcohol that makes me think I'm witty!
I no longer need alcohol to create that illusion.Image

Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ] New Topic Add Reply