It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 18 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Your dogs?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:39 pm • # 1 

What kind of pups y'all hunting, fishing, or just feeding? I'll dig up some pics of mine. I've always had Shorthairs. Hunted them on everything from quail, doves, ducks, geese, woodcock, pheasant, and rabbits. They also loved to fish. One would empty the live well as fast as you cast net mullet. Usually would give them back later though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:57 pm • # 2 

We have a border collie called nelly, she has be with us for 2 years now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:41 pm • # 3 

I'm a shorthair guy myself. I've had two English Pointers, a Wirehair, and a shorthair. The wirehair was the best pet and retriever, but didn't have that great of a bird nose. He sure was broke, tho. I hollered "whoa" and he would freeze mid stride, never so much as twitching. My new shorthair bella is one hella-good bird dog. At only 15 months, she's hunting like a four year old. We hunted phez and chukar the day after Christmas, and she never missed or knocked a bird. I email the breeder weekly to tell him how happy I am! Here she is in action.....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:57 pm • # 4 

Location: Lorain, Ohio but can be found in fishing waters of West by God West Virginia and southern Ohio.
I got my fishing partner, She a big Choc. Lab. She is usually always with me waitng on the fish unless I am in my yak. She expect to go fishing everyday but that normally wont happen.

This her taking a nap after a day of smallie fishing.

Watching me fishing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:24 am • # 5 

I have some pics of my last dog, a longhaired weimaraner I'll have to scan and add here. He was great!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:27 am • # 6 

Phish...I tell you what...If I looked up on shore and saw your dog watching me the way she is behind the pine boughs and cover...especially with that brown coat and those shining eyes...I would be a bit nervous...beautiful animal...Rob

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:06 am • # 7 

We're almost five years into our second Welsh Terrier, who is quite a bit smarter, faster, and more agile than our first, sweetheart that he was. When I take Teddy into the field, I don't even need a gun (or a rod, truth be told). He's tough on anything that will run, fly, or swim away from him.
-CC .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:11 am • # 8 

Location: Lorain, Ohio but can be found in fishing waters of West by God West Virginia and southern Ohio.
Yea I know, she stares me down every so often to, other than she like to greet everyone. Beside that picture was taken on the Mill Pool of the Elk River at Elksprings. She is a regular there and gets a hamburger to order.

Cross Creek, sounds like a dog who like to have fun in the outdoors and please.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:43 pm • # 9 

My Springer Spaniel. :) Image

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:56 pm • # 10 

I had a German German Shepard...brown and black coat...loved that dog....had to put her down when she got old...Never was able to replace that animal...tried...just could not be replaced....The above pictures of your animals are beautiful...You all are fortunate...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:27 pm • # 11 

I've been a dog person for a long time.......first it was a couple of Borzois.......and an English Field Spaniel (Nugget)....then a Belgian Shepard (Yukon)..........then we got a Giant Schnauzer (Dawson) and put some confirmation points on him plus he was a great protector of my wife when I spent a year in Korea and deployed to some of the dryer parts of the world who eventually became an awesome pet-therapy dog at the hospital at Fort Bragg.......he passed onto the great beyond now about 4 years ago but I still think about that dog often.....now we are down to one and probably our last for a long time - Dakota the Standard Schnauzer. He'll be 10 this year but continues to act like a 3 year old puppy - chsing a frisbee around and absolutely begging to go for walks at every opportunity. No kids here so these animals have been my surrogate children.

I'll see if I have pics......

David

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:48 pm • # 12 

I have had Springers for the last 20 years. Just lost my favorite hunter,still have her little boy. They were no good for fishing though, couldn't keep them out of the water. We called Molly "Hoover" cause she sucked up everybird in the field.

Mike

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:27 pm • # 13 

Man, those are beautiful Springers!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:42 pm • # 14 

This is our old girl, Kumquat. We adopted her when she was 2 1/2 years old. She is 14 now, and is starting to show the mileage.

When my wife and son picked her up and took her home, everything was fine, till I walked in the door. She took off and hid out. We suspect that she had been abused by a man. It was one year before she would come close enough to touch me on her own. Took alot of lunch scraps to make it happen. She has forgot all about that now. She loves everyone now.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:36 am • # 15 

Sweet pictures fellas! My lab has been having problems with her back and back legs this week as things has gotten bad. Took her to the Vet last Thursday evening, got her on meds for now but have to go back in for Xrays when she is feeling better with less pain. The meds seem do good but still not able to play like she wants to and climbing stairs. Hopefully we know what is really wrong with her. We had to postpone are yearly fishing trip to Florida.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:32 am • # 16 

Ha Ha, I love the name Kumquat. I hate it when our best friends get old. Enjoy 'em while you can.

Mike

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:18 pm • # 17 

roadking2k1 wrote:
Ha Ha, I love the name Kumquat. I hate it when our best friends get old. Enjoy 'em while you can.

Mike
When she first adopted us, she had brown around her eyes and a good ways down her legs.

This cold spell has slowed her down.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:53 am • # 18 

My ol' weimar, Tucker, in action on pheasants the only time I had a photographer along with me.Image

"It's over here, Dad!"

"Good shot, Dad!"

Page 1 of 1   [ 18 posts ] New Topic Add Reply