It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:16 am • # 1 

Hi dear all.
Just returned from UK, visiting my sister.
I had no time for fishing this time, but forced shopping, cause my wife.
Also visited some tackle shops .By the way, when we went to my favorite shop a Farlows of Pall-mall .
My pregnant wife asked me for a '00' so i asked a salesman and he told me that there is no toilet in that f*** shop .
So i done with that shop, and got all staff from an Orvis and Barbour shops , and yes, they have a toilets.
P.S.Next month i'm going to Slovenia for fly fishing trip so if somebody have been there and have suggestions you are welcome .

Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:30 am • # 2 
Administrator

Looks like a nice Holiday Steve. I can't help out with Slovenia, but please be sure to post pics of that trip, I would love to see them.

J.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:46 am • # 3 
Administrator

Steve,
I know that there's no fishing on this trip, but after seeing that canal, I'm just saying there should be a "next" time. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:29 pm • # 4 

keebranch wrote:
Steve,
I know that there's no fishing on this trip, but after seeing that canal, I'm just saying there should be a "next" time. ;)
It's so dirty water there.
P.S.I did managed to catch muskie in Amsterdam canals.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:19 am • # 5 
Administrator

Great shots, Steve! London is probably my favorite non-fishing place on earth (I hope to fish in the area some day). Too bad about that shop, some people just aren't people.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:25 pm • # 6 

Steve,

First, you got a "oh--how sweet!" from my wife for the squirrel pictures.  While many hunt and eat them, she feeds them and has several squirrel families that visit her in the back yard.

I have been to Slovenia for work (no time to fish), and was able to check into their rivers and trout fishing.  It's one beautiful place.  They have a species of trout in one or two of their rivers that are found nowhere else.  Forgive me, but it's been about 9 years since I was there and the details of their fishing escapes me.  Here are a couple of links to web sites that discuss fly fishing in Slovenia.  Man--would I love to join you!

http://www.fly-fishing-slovenia.si/

http://www.lustrik.com/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:39 pm • # 7 

Danny S wrote:
Steve,

First, you got a "oh--how sweet!" from my wife for the squirrel pictures.  While many hunt and eat them, she feeds them and has several squirrel families that visit her in the back yard.

I have been to Slovenia for work (no time to fish), and was able to check into their rivers and trout fishing.  It's one beautiful place.  They have a species of trout in one or two of their rivers that are found nowhere else.  Forgive me, but it's been about 9 years since I was there and the details of their fishing escapes me.  Here are a couple of links to web sites that discuss fly fishing in Slovenia.  Man--would I love to join you!

http://www.fly-fishing-slovenia.si/

http://www.lustrik.com/

Thanks Danny for a links. :)

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ] New Topic Add Reply