It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:27 pm • # 1 

I'm not sure how many of you knew this but by trade I am an interactive developer. I do mostly museum exhibits but recently my company has been working on our own, in-house project called GeoJotter. Basically I designed it to be a solution for journaling multi-day travels and adventurists pursuits. In my case, I like to do long distance hiking.

Now that we have part of it prototyped, I am starting to see that it might be really cool app to use for sharing 1 to 2 day fly fishing trips. Maybe that's a bit niche but hey, its my design so call this one a perk for me. The problem is that I can't seem to wrap my brain around how to enhance that functionality without taking away from the core multi-day purpose. My guys here are all too close to the project and don't fly fish. What I need is a fresh set of eyes with a clear idea of what they would like to be able to use themselves.

If anyone here is up for it, check out information on the app at https://www.geojotter.com - be sure to play with the prototype and lets see what kind of ideas come out of this. Remember this is more of a pet project within a pet project to add fly fishing day trips so even if we don't figure anything out it'll be fun.

Last edited by TexasRiverBum on Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:56 pm • # 2 

Okay so I have been playing around with the prototype and decided to do a simple test I loaded up the big trip report from last year that I posted on this forum. It was cool to see the contrast between the 2 formats.
Forum: http://ultralightflyfishing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=8396
GeoJotter" https://www.geojotter.net then select the fly fishing trip from the droplist

No doubt it fun to review a trip on GeoJotter but it definitely feels like I using a tool that was intended for longer trips so I'm not sure how well it would translate into single day trips.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:53 pm • # 3 

Nice one! You hit the nail there... Its a tool for travelers around the world, not just for hiking adventures. Atl least, as I see it.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:43 pm • # 4 

Thanks, we really see the broader application! Meanwhile I'm still looking at how to make it more fly fishing friendly. For example I don't really use my phone for pics on my pics and currently you would need to start GeoJotter at the beginning of the trip then use its tracking function. When I got back from the trip I could use the import feature to bring in the photos from my waterproof camera and let it place them according to their time stamps. It'd be better if I was compelled somehow to do more chronicling as I went. Like I said, I'm still trying to figure that part out.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:34 am • # 5 

interesting-p-

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ] New Topic Add Reply