It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Sally Hansen Trick
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:48 am • # 1 

I use Sally Hansen for head cement. I never liked using the brush even after I trimmed it down considerably. I got to where I would take the cap off and stick my bodkin in the bottle and that allowed me to place just a tiny amount where I needed it. I'm sure I'm not the first one to come up with this, but I thought it might be of use to someone. I've learned a lot from you guys and I wanted to contribute even it
if it's in a small way.

The plastic nozzle is not hollow. After taking pliers and removing the brush tip, I thought I could just push the needle in the tube and glue it in place. Nope, it's not hollow. I pulled my toolbox out and found the tinest drill bit I had and "carefully" drilled a hole. As you can see from the picture, depending on how long your needle is, you will need to trim it back. I trimmed mine back so my needle goes almost to the bottom of the bottle. Once your hole is drilled it's just a matter of using a little glue to hold it in place.

One other thing. This takes some time and you don't want to leave the lid off your Sally Hansen for that length of time, so it's best if you have an extra lid, which I did cause I had just used up a bottle.

Post subject: Re: Sally Hansen Trick
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:37 am • # 2 

me too-p-

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:43 am • # 3 

I need to get me a new bottle of Sally, I will be doing this trick.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:10 pm • # 4 

When I left the lid off my Sally she got out and started raising all kinds of hell for being cooped up in that little bottle.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:06 pm • # 5 

Since you've added that needle to the lid on your Sally's, you can also drag the thread across it as you tighten your whip finishes; getting that Sally's in the knot helps it hold better, especially if you tie with monofilament.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:06 pm • # 6 

Since you've added that needle to the lid on your Sally's, you can also drag the thread across it as you tighten your whip finishes; getting that Sally's in the knot helps it hold better, especially if you tie with monofilament.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:51 pm • # 7 

The Sally Hansen trick is good, beats trimming down the brush.

hipshot wrote:

Same idea, I use UV gel on my thread wrap the head and hit it with a UV torch, nice to use when tying foam bugs and tying in legs.

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ] New Topic Add Reply