It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: A tip of sorts
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:48 pm • # 1 

For those of you that were in the Military I bet you miss those blocked hats . Well , now you can have an even better blocker . I was painting decoys the other year and something I did has been put to another use .
Take that hat that you love , while it's still in decent shape and try this . For a longer , nicer looking and improved hat , block it up and spray the bejeesus out of it with dull matte finish from Kyrlon . By using the Natte finish the hat wont shine. It works and makes your hat rain resistant !! But wait until it's dry to put it on and only spray the outside ! I used an old bowl I had laying around to block mine . Good luck .
Ron

Post subject: Re: A tip of sorts
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:08 pm • # 2 

I can remember my Marine days, blocking my utility cover, rubbing in starch 'til it wouldn't hold any more, and then sitting it on a radiator to dry. After drying, then some careful shaping with a table knife stolen from the mess hall. God, I'm glad that is way in my past.

But, hey Ron, if you put the hat on wet after painting, it will also make the top of your head rain resistant. ;)

Larry

Post subject: Re: A tip of sorts
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:16 pm • # 3 

Canoeman1947 wrote:
I can remember my Marine days, blocking my utility cover, rubbing in starch 'til it wouldn't hold any more, and then sitting it on a radiator to dry. After drying, then some careful shaping with a table knife stolen from the mess hall. God, I'm glad that is way in my past.

But, hey Ron, if you put the hat on wet after painting, it will also make the top of your head rain resistant. ;)

Larry

:applause :lol

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply