It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Tippet holder
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:31 pm • # 1 

So I was messing around today and wanted a tippet holder for my new large arbor tippet spools.
I grabbed a 3/4" PEX tee, a 6" piece of 3/4" PEX pipe, a small bungee cord and a key ring carabiner.
The bungee needs to be short, i used 10". The hooks on the ends of the bungee will need to be removed, after that you can then thread a small screw through the loops made by the factory left after cutting off the hooks and that locks them into place inside the tee. Then I took a piece of mono I had lying around and threaded it through the piece of PEX pipe and through the center of the tee and out the end. Then it goes through the loop of the bungee cord and back the way it came through the tee and up the PEX. Pull there mono through and up, this will pull a loop of the bungee cord out the top of the PEX, attach the carabiner to this loop and done.
This sounds more complicated than it is, really wish I could get pictures up but that's beyond me.
It's a quick, cheap and easy way to make multiple, clean and somewhat professional tippet holders.
I'm using some myself and giving some away as gifts. Total cost to make 6 of them is about $15. with some materials left over for other projects.

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ] New Topic Add Reply