It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Pulp Fiction Fly box
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:04 am • # 1 

Hey guys I was watching tv today and I saw one of my dvd cases sitting on the shelf and made me think. The case is large, thin, and it snaps close. I think you could make a fly box out of a dvd case or video game case. I don't have any foam or I would do it but I thought I would throw the idea out here. You could even make your favorite movie into a fly box :lol . If anyone tries it please post pictures!
Thanks, Blake

Post subject: Re: Pulp Fiction Fly box
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:50 am • # 2 

The proportions are kind of off for what I'd use for a fly box. Too long and wide for how thin they are.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:54 am • # 3 

Pulp Fiction Fly Box!! I love it! Instead of that overused "I am haunted by waters" quote, yours could perhaps be engraved with "Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." Or, if you have a taste for the more ecclesiastical, since there's room, you could use Jules' bogus quote from Ezekiel 25:17.
Ideally, you'll affix a small handle on the side that opens so it will look like a miniature briefcase. Just bear in mind that, one day on the water while you're least expecting it, you'll open that box and be dazzled by Marsellus Wallace's soul.
Brent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:54 pm • # 4 
Administrator

CD box is thin, but might work for keep dropper systems in place too. Fishy Fullim once showed me how to use cardboard or foam to act as devise to wrap up tandem rigs. Once on the water these are time savers for rigging up - only one connection needed- the tie on point. he had used plastic boxes for storage.

Les

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:11 pm • # 5 

FeatherFly wrote:
Hey guys I was watching tv today and I saw one of my dvd cases sitting on the shelf and made me think. The case is large, thin, and it snaps close. I think you could make a fly box out of a dvd case or video game case. I don't have any foam or I would do it but I thought I would throw the idea out here. You could even make your favorite movie into a fly box :lol . If anyone tries it please post pictures!
Thanks, Blake

Out of the box thinking (pun intended)... I like it.
I tried the CD fly box... I didn't like it.

As mentioned, proportions are off. Too thin, square, etc.
Ditto for vidgame cases.
The old plastic VHS boxes have promise, although I think they're a bit bulkier than needs be for wading. From a boat, they're an acceptable and frugal option.

But I walk the bank a lot, so my solution is the ubiquitous eyeglass case. You probably have a few laying around the house, right now. If not, they're a dollar at - wait for it - the Dollar Store.

Not too big, not too small and somewhat ergo-designed for ease of stowage. They are tall enough for lots of small flies or enough of the big ones. Some are plastic, others steel or aluminum. I prefer the latter.

Give them a try. Line with foam or magnets - or both. You'll like them, and you can't beat the cost.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:06 pm • # 6 

this is some kind of vhs box a friend made for me;
-p-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:44 pm • # 7 

pearow wrote:
this is some kind of vhs box a friend made for me;
-p-

The VHS boxes are roomy, that's for sure. If you have the space to tote them, it's hard to beat a virtual suitcase full of flies.

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ] New Topic Add Reply