It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: My attempts to be frugal
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:17 pm • # 1 

I'm kinda cheap haha. Definitely always looking out for ways to be frugal. Been loving this sub forum. There are so many great ideas. I thought I would add a couple of my own.

I recently got an eagle claw featherlight 3/4 wt. They don't come with any protection. I got a cheap on sale sock for it for 6 bucks and built a case. Everyone has heard of pvc rod cases before. I made mine from electrical conduit. A couple reasons for this. It is pretty thick walled stuff. It is also made with additives to make is last longer in bad weather. Cold and uv exposure won't effect it as quickly. I Slapped some paint on it for looks and extra protection. Also tied some came rope on it to carry it by.

Also my dad and I got some pouches to tote our fly boxes and tools in. Been carrying it in a backpack and that has made it tough to get too when in the river as deep as rubber boots will take us. We found a dove belt on sale at Walmart for $7. Came with a belt and 3 pouches. Only used the one pouch so I can have a car pouch if I add a belt.

Cool stuff. Thanks for listening to me blab haha.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:20 pm • # 2 

Being cheap rules. I've made many PVC tubes. Beings you painted it you really don't need to worry about UV protection. I like ABS because it is lighter.

Mike

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:42 pm • # 3 

Yeah it was more of a double protector. I doubt the paint will stay nice for long. But I can always touch it up when needed.

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply