It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: UV Dub "Fluff Butt"
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:49 am • # 1 

Hey guys,

I've put a few step-by-steps together for my personal blog the last few months and wanted to share the most recent. It's a nice, simple pattern for beginners and has done well for me on quite a few warm water species this spring/summer. The cajuns call it a "Fluff Butt," but I always grew up referring to these as a crappie jig even when tied for a fly rod.

https://fatfingeredflytyer.wordpress.co ... ng-series/

Also, if anyone has any input on how I'm putting these together, it would be greatly appreciated. As much as the SBS posts are meant to serve as a personal database, I hope they can also be beneficially to others starting out or looking for a new pattern.

Thanks
Chris

Last edited by Chris_in_Louisiana on Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: UV Dub "Fluff Butt"
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:35 pm • # 2 

Chris, thanks for posting that. I took the time to use the link and read your write-up. Regarding any input, I would only add that it's hard to argue with success.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:43 pm • # 3 

Thank you, Pete. I appreciate you taking the time to read.

Chris

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:12 pm • # 4 

Just visited the page. Gonna tie a few up in a bit. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:17 pm • # 5 

strummer wrote:
Just visited the page. Gonna tie a few up in a bit. Thanks!

Thanks Strummer. Haven't had much time to tie or write much with work picking up after the last Hurricane. Happy it didn't hit closer to home, but it was close enough I'm suddenly busier than I've been all year. Hope the pattern works as well near you as it has in the murkier waters near me.

Chris

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:52 pm • # 6 

Tied some up last night, but it's a holiday, not to mention the heat! Fortunately, I don't really catch crappie in my "ditch" until winter.

Good luck over there.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:03 am • # 7 

Chris, liked your instructions for the "Fluff Butt" fly pattern and tied a few. Then I started to think about what would make it even better. Using a silver cone head matched with a small propeller was the result. Tried this creation out and promptly caught five green sunfish and one bluegill. Thank you posting your fishing adventures and instructions. M.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:58 pm • # 8 

Fishnmack wrote:
Chris, liked your instructions for the "Fluff Butt" fly pattern and tied a few. Then I started to think about what would make it even better. Using a silver cone head matched with a small propeller was the result. Tried this creation out and promptly caught five green sunfish and one bluegill. Thank you posting your fishing adventures and instructions. M.

Thanks, M. I like the addition. I think the cone head might make it sink a little too fast for some of the waters I fish, but I'll have to tie a few of your version up for some of the deeper/faster spots I frequent.

Chris

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ] New Topic Add Reply