It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Mini Leech Jig SBS
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:27 am • # 1 

Hey guys,

It has taken a few months, but I'm finally beginning to come out of my "Hurricane Hangover" and have begun playing on the vise once again. That includes a new jig-style Mini Leech step-by-step that just went live on my blog.

These are tied on a #16 Firehole 516 hook and should be perfect for UL Rods.

Here's the link for those interested:
https://fatfingeredflytyer.com/mini-leech-jig-step-by-step/

Enjoy
Chris

Post subject: Re: Mini Leech Jig SBS
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:41 pm • # 2 

Another great one! Good to hear things are returning back to normal.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:11 am • # 3 

strummer wrote:
Another great one! Good to hear things are returning back to normal.

Much appreciated. A few more hectic weeks at work to wrap up the year, and I'm hoping I'll be back on the water again.

Chris

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:23 pm • # 4 

Sat down this morning and tried tying one of the mini leech jigs. I did not have any beads, so some small black bead chain was used instead. Saved that spot of pine squirrel fur from the striped part of the zonker and used that to create a tail on a straight shank size 16 hook, a little ostrich hurl and a pinch of black Awesome Possum dubbing behind a set of bead chain eyes and a variation of Chris's mini leech now sits in the vice. The "Waste not, Want not" fly is ready to go on an adventure along with the mini leech jig. Thank you Chris for posting your ideas. M.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:53 am • # 5 

Fishnmack wrote:
Sat down this morning and tried tying one of the mini leech jigs. I did not have any beads, so some small black bead chain was used instead. Saved that spot of pine squirrel fur from the striped part of the zonker and used that to create a tail on a straight shank size 16 hook, a little ostrich hurl and a pinch of black Awesome Possum dubbing behind a set of bead chain eyes and a variation of Chris's mini leech now sits in the vice. The "Waste not, Want not" fly is ready to go on an adventure along with the mini leech jig. Thank you Chris for posting your ideas. M.

Like the "Waste not, Want not"! If you can and are inclined would like to see some pictures of the fly.
Merry Christmass.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:26 am • # 6 

Fishnmack wrote:

Glad you enjoyed it and were able to whip up a few of your own. As Jim said, I'd love to see your "waste not, want not" version if you have a pic to post. I'll be tying up a few more tomorrow in preparation for some "Rainbeaux" trout fishing in the local parks department ponds. Just have to hope the stockers survive the current heat wave (80 F this afternoon).

Merry Christmas guys!!

Chris

Chris

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:16 am • # 7 

Thank you for the kind words about the "Waste not, Want not" fly. I am afraid the mystical sorcery involved in posting a photograph has escaped my puny talents. M.

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ] New Topic Add Reply