It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:59 pm • # 1 

Hey guys,

Thought I'd share a new Warmwater SBS that I just finished up for the blog. The creation of Texas tyer Bruce Sublett, this one is a favorite bass and panfish pattern among members of the Kisatchie Fly Fishers club in central Louisiana. I've yet to prove it out myself, but hope to soon as recent rains should finally have local streams running at decent spring levels.

The full tutorial can be found here, but feel free to check out the slideshow version in the link at the bottom if you prefer just pictures. (Side note, does anyone know how to embed a video slideshow?)

Tying the Goober Bug Step-by-Step

Enjoy!

Chris

Goober Bug Slide Show

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:49 pm • # 2 

Nice, basic bug. Might try this with a bit of a double prong guard for weedy places.

No idea on the slideshow, this is probably pretty old software but it might work somehow. Tell you the truth, your blog looks pretty f'd up on an iPhone SE with regard to text/pictures. On a MBP however, they all load-up beautifully. Slideshow is actually quite useful in the link provided.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:21 am • # 3 

knotjoe wrote:
Tell you the truth, your blog looks pretty f'd up on an iPhone SE with regard to text/pictures. On a MBP however, they all load-up beautifully.

Thanks for the heads up. Is it just the text on the images causing an issue? If so, try clicking on the images to enlarge this may help. I'll also see if I can tweak the mobile version to include only one image per row. That may help.

And, I second the weed guard. The lack of one may have prevented me from catching a few bass on it last week. It would get their attention, but end up tangled in weeds/algae before I could get them to commit.

Chris

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:34 am • # 4 

I wanna tie then in purple and brown and call it Image

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:05 pm • # 5 

Chris_in_Louisiana wrote:
Thanks for the heads up. Is it just the text on the images causing an issue?
Chris

Actually, the blog pics work really great if I turn my phone on it’s side and use long view. :lol I did not know this and had been viewing in normal position. I was looking at them like this…
Here’s how they should be viewed…
Might put a little note in there on turning the phone sideways for other stooges like me, but beyond that I don’t think you need to tweak anything. All of the tutorials/SBS work the same and just fine sideways. I’m throwing the Schminnow Snook pic up for no other reason than it’s inherent greatness…
Simple, yet perhaps one of the most useful warmwater flies in existence. Folks'll think it's too simple, but I do this from 2-16 and they all have a strong place in my fishing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:03 am • # 6 

knotjoe wrote:
Actually, the blog pics work really great if I turn my phone on it’s side and use long view. :lol I did not know this and had been viewing in normal position.

Might put a little note in there on turning the phone sideways for other stooges like me, but beyond that I don’t think you need to tweak anything. All of the tutorials/SBS work the same and just fine sideways.

Thanks for the tip, Joe! Next time I sit down to tweak the site, I'll try to go through and add a note to the SBS pages. Your input is a big help and greatly appreciated!!

Chris

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply