It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:37 am • # 1 

I have been fishing these a lot on my 1wt lately. Nice profile and easily cast on a light rig. I call them "modernized" hair wing streamers. As with all flies I make, I try to make them as durable as possible. The Liquid Fusion coating helps build a body/head and also provides a very durable coating to the fragile floss and thread. I lose these before they get destroyed by fish, which is a good thing in my mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_PlJxW ... eWYQxK4mog

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:23 am • # 2 

Good looking fly and nice video. How long does it take for the liquid fusion to set-up?

Dave

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:01 am • # 3 

dave potts wrote:
Good looking fly and nice video. How long does it take for the liquid fusion to set-up?

Dave

first off, beautiful fly and great tutorial video. never used the liquid fusion, but if you didn't want to wait for the fusion to dry there are a couple of heavier bodied uv cured products by loon or clear cure goo that do the same thing as the fusion with what i assume would be a much faster dry time. but ymmv. regardless, i really like the looks of that streamer. would be a great bluegill, crappie, bass fly around my parts and i bet it would catch some trout too.

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply