It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3   Page 3 of 3   [ 44 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:04 pm • # 41 

I've never had the pleasure of fishing with Cliff, but I have fished with Henry (caddokid) that pearow mentioned in a previous post. My friend Kurt and I went to Caddo Lake with a couple of other friends. We stayed in Henry's cabin and I shared a boat with him for two days. One of my buddies, Barry, was a charter boat captain and flyfishing guide out of Florida for several years and he was in another boat. After we returned from our first day's fishing, Barry asked me if I had noticed anything odd about Henry's casting. When I asked what he meant by that, he said there was always two splashes with each of Henry's casts: one when the fly hit the water behind and another when it hit the water in front of him. He described Henry as the worst fly caster he had ever seen. He said, however, it did no good to talk to Henry about it as he always asked "who caught the most fish today?" Barry is no slouch in the fish catching department, but he said Henry always outfished him wherever they went. It is obviously not about the rod and reel being used, or the fly or lure. I think there is only one explanation that fits. These guys have obviously sold their souls to the devil in order to catch more fish. >:D :evil ;)

Larry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:47 pm • # 42 

LOL. I call it back-cast chumming.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:59 pm • # 43 

35 years ago I was fishing with a friend of mine out of a 12' jon boat and he was casting when a bass hit the popper when the backcast hit the water. He did hook it and get it to the boat. That's something I will never forget!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:32 pm • # 44 

Cliff Hilbert wrote:
35 years ago I was fishing with a friend of mine out of a 12' jon boat and he was casting when a bass hit the popper when the backcast hit the water. He did hook it and get it to the boat. That's something I will never forget!!

Haha! Bass are silly :-)

I was using an ultralight spinning rod with a brown plastic grub last early fall, wading in a pond, and the "back cast" of that little rig dropped in the water behind me. As I wound up to cast, it loaded up much more than normal and out came a baby bass!

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3   Page 3 of 3   [ 44 posts ] New Topic Add Reply